Review of 'Take This Cup' by Brock and Bodie Thoene

I have long been a fan of Bodie and Brock Thoene, particularly their Zion Chronicles and Zion Covenant. It has been many years however, since I have picked up a book by them and this was the one.  On receiving the book it quickly came to my attention that it was part two in a series which was a bit annoying, however to read, it doesn't appear to be continuing on from another book - so it seems to stand alone well enough.
In typical Thoene style, I was drawn in on the first chapter however I found the story very slow moving.  I like how the story, though fiction, linked in to meeting Jesus and had many references to the Bible throughout.  For me it's a good story but not anything amazing.

Please Note: Book Look sent me a copy of this book to review. This review is not influenced by anyone else - it is my own.


Comments