Review of 'The Story Of God's Love For You' by Sally Lloyd-Jones

After hearing a lot of buzz about Sally Lloyd-Jones and seeing a lot of high reviews of her books I was excited to have the opportunity to review this book.  I set upon it with high expectations and am happy to say this book did not disappoint at all.  I loved everything about it from the cover design to every word written within it - how refreshing, how personal, how beautiful...

The inside cover says: 'Every story whispers his name...."It's an adventure story about a young hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It's a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne - everything - to rescue the one he loves..."'  This style of writing is just so beautiful to read - it's an art in itself and communicates so well the heart of God through the scriptures.  It just flows and is effortless to read. As a creative person I absolutely  love this book!

Sally has started at the beginning with creation and woven through excerpts from the Bible right through to Revelation weaving so gracefully how through it all we see God's heart and His great love for us.  The simplicity of it could easily be understood by a child if you were to use it for daily devotions in a family context but it would also be a blessing to any age as it's a refreshing journey and really, adventure, into a story that is actually true.

I have never read anything like this before and highly recommend it for everyone - I love it, it really is a pleasure to read with Sally's fantastic talents in storytelling - you just get caught up in it. Just wonderful!

Please note: I received this book from Booklook for my review, however this review is entirely my own.

Comments