UPDATED: Review of The Chamberlain Key by Timothy P. Smith


This isn't the type of book I normally read - yet something about it intrigued me. I can't really comment on the look of the book as for some reason the publisher sent me  an uncorrected proof which has a different cover  and isn't quite put together right - which was disappointing... still at least I could read the content well.    Having now received the final edition I will update the photos on this blog post to reflect the cover as it is now for sale as.   It is a hardback book with a beautifully designed sleeve cover.

What it is, is the author, Timothy, writing his story of how he discovered this and the additional things discovered through his lifetime confirming it.  It is a code based around his name, which when applied to the St. Petersburg Codex also revealed his grandfathers name, his wife full name and other personal information there hidden in the Biblical text.  He goes on to show a few others he found such as reference to Kennedy's death and then one that hints at future.

Unlike the Bible Code which was found to be flawed, this code has passed all the scholarly tests and is accurate.  There is too much in the book for me to try to summarize here but I do recommend it as an interesting read.  There are photographs/diagrams throughout, illustrating certain things referred to in the book which is really helpful.  At the end is a glossary and appendix, notes, index, and recommended reading.

 While it was interesting, I didn't feel I got much personally out of it.  The idea that there is a code within the Bible, doesn't surprise me at all, and the fact it has been protected till an age we can decode it.  This book is really an account of the author proving where it all came from and all his extraordinary, supernatural encounters leading him to it.  I believe it.  I guess I would have liked to see more interpretations of it than were included as for me, that is what is really interesting. Maybe he will write more books with more interpretations of what is found in there?  It seemed pretty complex how you use the code to interpret but I guess if anyone is game, you can always borrow the codex from the local library and try it yourself? I'm not sure if he gives enough information in the book to do it - you'd have to try it to find out.

On the whole I recommend it if it is a field that interests you.  If you are interested in supernatural type occurances then you would like it, for example.  I don't think it's a book for everyone as it does get technical.

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review however this opinion is entirely my own.




Comments