Review of Love And Respect by Dr E Eggerichs

This is a book I have had on my list to read for a long time and I finally got the opportunity to read it and it doesn't disappoint. This is an excellent book! As a newlywed I found so much of it so relatable and it strikes me how really every relationship faces the same things over and over - the ones that make it are the ones that know this kind of information to some degree and work it through.

I KNOW that this is true as my husband and I have talked over this before and I just see it all the time in my own relationship and in others around me. It's just so good to have it explored in such depth with such insight. It's so comforting to know other's also struggle with the same miscommunications and also have keys to the root issues of these miscommunications to get you out. As after all - your heart intent is never to hurt the one you love - it's just the miscommunications that blur everything and make the big messes that cause so much hurt. As he calls it - the Crazy Cycle - that people are caught up in when one disrespects the other because she feels unloved and therefore he feels disrespected and has no desire to love... and this cycle just continues and continues and often ends in divorce. Yet neither are aware of what they are doing to the other as they are so focussed on how they feel and are unaware of what they are also causing.

He gives practical information you can use now to improve your marriage relationship.

I have read many books of this type and this one is excellent - I highly recommend it!

Please Note: Booksneeze provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. This review is my own and not influenced by anyone else.


Comments