Review Of Read And Share Stories About Jesus by Gwen Ellis

This book is a good size for little hands - it is a hard book all the way through so no paper pages to rip. The pictures are fairly basic - nothing special - as is the story. It gives very brief, simplified versions of Bible Stories from the New Testament. At the end of each story it asks a question - which I felt probably isn't too relevant to the age that would read a hard book - ie asking a 2 year old if they want to be baptised - in my opinion is a decision you make when you are a little older and understand what you are doing. It covers these stories:

Jesus Birth
Jesus Baptism
Jesus heals a sick boy
Jesus brings a girl back to life
Jesus walks on the water
Jesus loves children
A very short man
A blind man sees again
Jesus stops a storm
One lost sheep
A Coin in the fish
One man says thank you
Jesus goes to heaven

Overall this book is ok. I probably wouldn't buy it or if I did I wouldn't pay more than a couple of dollars for it as it's very simple and basic and nothing too special in my opinion.

Please Note: Booksneeze provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. This review is my own and not influenced by anyone else.

Comments