Review of "How To Be God's Little Princess" by Sheila Walsh

Wow! I am SO incredibly impressed with this book!  I got it half heartedly not sure what it was going to be - but on receiving it and reading through it all I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!! I love it.


I'm a big one for the lost art of manners and etiquette - not to the extreme but just as general courtesy and respect for others - it gives you class and dignity and value not just for yourself but for others.  Seeing this book caught my attention but I guess I expected it to be overly conservative or legalistic as lots of this type of thing is in the Christian realm.  I was delighted to find it is not overly conservative or legalistic but I found it very appropriate for today's younger female generations.  


It is very positive how it presents everything from how to choose appropriate clothing according to an event, through to how to approach parents with requests, dealing with attitudes etc.  Along with this it has fun little questionnaires throughout and even projects.  It is all so appealing to a young girl who would love to be a princess.


Topics covered are: Being a good friend and blessing friends and how to deal with them properly and positively, Dining properly and setting the table and manners when eating etc,  looking after yourself, planning a party, how to be polite using the phone and internet, how to right wrongs, dealing with siblings respectfully, attitude and relationship with God.


I would highly recommend this book for any family with a young daughter! It will instill some very precious things into her spirit that will last forever I imagine! 


Please Note: Booksneeze provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. This review is my own and not influenced by anyone else.

Comments