The Complete Idiot's Guide to Green Cleaning 2nd Edition by Mary Findley

I was recommended to read this book on forum where everyone was talking about the multiple uses of vinegar. Very interested in this whole topic of detoxifying my home, I borrowed it from the library to check it out and was practically glued to it all the way through. Warning: this book will change the way you view your environment. I found all the information VERY overwhelming but fantastic and I'm so glad I know about all the toxins/chemicals around me so I can now endeavour to rid my home of them and use more natural products like baking soda, vinegar etc. 

This book has cleaning recipes, info on essential oils you can clean/disinfect etc with - it's really a one stop shop book with everything you need to know to make your home a safe environment for you and your children and pets. I feel like my eyes have been opened to the truth and hence a lot of throwing out has been happening as a result. 

I have wavered back and forth on chemicals in things and their affect on my health over the years - recently pregnant I had to reevaluate and this book gave me all the knowledge I needed to convince me overwhelmingly that for the health of my child to be and future family this is necessary. Sadly it's come to the point that we can no longer trust big companies to make things with our health interests in mind - it's all about money and things are just not tested... well, they are I guess..... on us. I don't want to be their guinea pig anymore. I'm taking control and from now on will know what's in everything I use so I know it's safe for us. 

Can't recommend this book highly enough!

Comments