Review Of Fyodor Dostoevsky by Peter Leithart

I really wanted to enjoy this book more than I did.   I like the design and feel of the cover, I love biographies but this just wasn't a gripping book for me.   I got nearly half way through tediously...put it down and left it for months hoping to get motivated to get back into it again, but it just hasn't happened.  It is quite slow moving through most of it.. some parts of it are interesting, I admit but the overall is dull.

It is written from two perspectives, Dostoevsky now looking back and Dostoevsky then going through things, which is interesting if not a little confusing at times.

Like I said, I wanted to like this book more and recommend it more highly but it just didn't do anything for me at all.

Please Note: Booksneeze provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review.  This review is my own and not influenced by anyone else.

Comments