Review of 'Spirit Fighter' by Jerel Law

I just received this book to review and on starting it, I just hate it.  It is far fetched and predictable and lame. Seems like it's a theme through secular books right now that someone has tried to 'christianise'.  I'm not really into that,  it seems so unoriginal.  Basing a story around Nephilim for a start, I mean, the Nephilim are questionable anyway aren't they, as they were created by the demons and man reproducing?  I understand that the author is trying to write an alternative for children today that is more Biblical, but it just isn't sitting right with me.  I don't like the idea of the main character who children identify with is part Nephilim? As it makes it then ok and I'm not 100% that that is ok.   


On reading reviews from others on this book I guess I was expecting a lot better.  I'm just not into this at all.  I have no idea how it has such high star ratings? 


Please Note: Booksneeze provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review.  This review is my own and not influenced by anyone.

Comments