Review of The River by Michael Neale

I love this book!  I read it beginning to end on receiving it - literally couldn't put it down.  Michael Neale is truly a master storyteller and it is hard to believe this is his first book! I hope he writes many more and maybe even a follow up to this one.  The book draws you in quickly from the beginning with  amazing descriptions and interesting characters you can really relate to.  The story will move you, it's just beautiful.  Love the twist at the end too.

I have the paperback edition and it is just beautiful.  It's made to look like an old journal as in the story I think, but the pages are deckled and the whole thing feels nice - texture wise.  I know that's not the reason you buy a book but its a nice extra and would make it a great gift too for it's appearance and for the contents without a doubt.

I finished this book with the desire to go rafting at the river at Colorado - the descriptions of the nature and the river and just everything are so desirable...so peaceful.  It's a simple story and yet told so beautifully.  I highly recommend it.

Please note: Booksneeze sent me a copy of this book for review.  This review is not influenced by anyone else, it is my own. 

Comments

  1. I agree! I also read and enjoyed The River. It's really a book about trusting God, letting go of past hurts so that you can move forward in life. It's an inspiring story about the possibilities that unfold when you are willing to take a risk. Life with God is meant to be an adventure--this book reminded me of that truth! Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment