Review of The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith

I have been wanting to read this book for ages and was so excited to read it! Friends had recommended it and I wan't disappointed! This is one of those books that had me from the first paragraph, just love it. It is very easy to read and flows well. I really enjoyed how Smith shared her own journey and lessons and found myself relating to so much of what she said. This book is inspiring and liberating - she encourages the reader to break the rules of what others might think and take a chance on things to make your space your home full of things you love. You don't really realize how much we are constrained by rules until she points them out and like she says if you don't try you wont know.

This book is very real, very down to earth and not about buying the latest or most expensive items. In fact, just the opposite, much of what she has filled her house with has been yard sale bargains she repainted etc. The part that most spoke to me throughout this book is that she addressed it for renters as well. This isn't a book just for home owners, on fact most of her scenarios were in rented houses and she encourages you to still make it your home now and not keep waiting for the dream home you hope to have oneday.  I learned a lot from her journey and recommend this book!

Please note that Booklook sent me a copy of this book to review. The opinions are my own.

Comments