A Review of The Day Is Waiting by Don Freeman

Such a sweet book! It's so whimsical and inspiring!  The cover design didn't really attract me much with this book - some of the illustrations I really liked within the book though.  The rhyme and meter of the book work really well.

 As a traveller myself I enjoyed the fact that it's encouraging children to get up and out, go and explore and see what's out there as home is always there for you to come home to - familiarity will always be there as a safety net.

In some ways it's along the same theme as Seuss's 'Oh the Places You'll Go' but in a more basic manner.  I like it.  Understanding that the late Don Freeman's wife put this together from many of the his illustrations, drawings and paintings that he left behind makes more sense of it and draws it together a bit more for me.

Anything that fosters interest within children of the world around them always has value.

Please note that Booklook sent me a complimentary copy for my review however this review is entirely my own.

Comments