Review of Thankful by Eileen Spinelli

I must admit this book drew me in immediately by it's gorgeous whimsical illustrations reminiscent of Roald Dahl books.  I was not disappointed reading through this super sweet book full of simple rhymes about different people in society and what they would be thankful for.  Along with being a delight to read it is also a great discussion starter to get in a mode of thankfulness for the things in our life.

I appreciated the humor also i.e. 'The waitress is thankful for comfortable shoes. The local reporter, for interesting news,' as the waitress trips on the cat tipping the food on the reporter.

I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it!

Please note: Booklook sent me a copy of this book to review - however the review is entirely my own.

Comments