Review of Money Making Mom by Crystal Paine

I was so excited to read this book as this is something I'm constantly researching and looking into and had high hopes that this book would help me and I'm excited to say it really has!  Crystal's writing style is so easy to read and relatable - I really appreciated her tips and advice throughout and the real life examples also were inspiring. I read it from cover to cover in one sitting I was into it so much and have a few pages of notes in my notebook as a result also!

Crystal gives real practical advice, giving not only ideas but the actual places she recommends etc.  She covers the different styles recognizing that not everyone is a sales person for example, or not everyone wants to run a home business.  The best thing about this book is that it is inspiring. I am itching to get some time out and really think about the things she has presented and see if I can find something that will work for us.

The contents page listing is as follows:

First Steps to financial freedom
What makes you you
The 8 to 5 cure: working for yourself
Get Moving, start building
Expand your thinking, expand your wallet
Growing your business
What gets in the way
Live generously
How to Give
Heres to your success

And she has also included her business manifesto and other resources to help at the end also.

It has good principles included in it like the concept of not getting into debt, which in this day and age is an ideal many of us hold to but probably few of us can actually pull off.  In parts it came across a bit preachy about living in poverty to avoid debt like that is some form of ultimate success in life.  It's true that being debt free obviously is the ultimate goal because it does then free you up in so many ways but I think that could have been said in less words because in the end it wasn't the purpose of this book.  That being said, putting that aside the rest of the content was excellent and really helpful information.

In particular I loved the part about looking out for others and to bless others who are struggling - this seems really missing in society today with the lack of community in general.

I would recommend this book!

Please note that Booklook sent me a copy of this book for my review - however this review is entirely my own.

Comments