Review of "Eating In The Middle" by Andie Mitchell

This is Andie Mitchell's debut cookbook, following her book that shared her weight loss journey and how she found balance. She wrote this book to share the recipes she uses to keep her balance and maintain her weight.

The book itself is a stunning hard cover, the design is just beautiful. I particularly love the font on the spine and fabric feel of the spine.  Really lovely. The book design is just beautiful throughout also with the standard photos of the laughing cook holding a dish etc.  The food photography is beautiful with a vintage feel.

Now onto the recipes. Andie explains how she has structured the book. All sections but two are healthy and wholesome giving details beside each recipe of how many cups it makes, how many people it serves and details per serving such as calories, protein, sugar, total fats etc.  The book is broken up into: Introduction, Starting Fresh, Lunchtime, Vegetables and Sides, Dinnertime, For Sharing and All Things Sweet.  The last two sections are the two that are more indulgent with richer, not so wholesome recipes.

This book is also a good read as Andie has a paragraph or two with each recipe to give some interesting background information to the recipe or some insight into her history, her preferences or her lifestyle.  She advocates through use in her recipes: whole wheat flour, and unsweetened almond milk.  I have to say there are some amazing  looking recipes in this book!  I will be trying the chocolate raspberry breakfast pudding for example, the lemon poppy seed cupcakes intrigue me, and the Peanut Butter Mousse Pie with Marshmallow Whipped Cream sounds divine.  Other recipes that stand out to me: Bacon-wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Ginger Apple Compote, Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, Shredded Brussel Sprouts Salad with Bacon, Apple and Gorgonzola, Baked Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, Petite Lasagnas, Morning Glory Muffins, Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes, Peanut Butter Granola Parfaits, Greek Yogurt Pancakes, and Baked Banana Bread Doughnuts.  I plan to make all of these and will update this post as I go to let you know how I find the recipes.  The recipes are very clear and easy to follow.  The ingredients lists don't seem to be too complex or requiring too many unusual things.

Overall I would recommend this book! It would make a great gift book too.  For me, there were enough recipes that caught my attention to make this a great investment.

Please note that Blogging For Books sent me a copy of this book for my review, however this review is entirely my own.







Comments