Review of 'The Art Of People' by Dave Kerpen

I was intrigued to read this book so highly rated as being the next 'How To Win Friends and Influence People' for today's world!  I remember reading Dale Carnegie's book years ago and enjoying it.  I'm happy to say this book does not disappoint.

I found it really interesting and insightful.  He starts off by providing a personality test that Dave believes is better and more accurate than Myers Briggs.  Having done Myers Briggs in the past, I did the Enneagram Quiz provided in the book also.  I personally didn't find it worked for me at all. He suggested you can read through all the types and find one that fits also, which I did, but none of them were really relatable for me anyway. For me, Myers Briggs is better.  But anyway, on with more of the book.

Basically he takes you through 11 people skills that he claims will get you everything you want in life. The 11 skills are:
1.  Understanding Yourself and Understanding People
2. Meeting the Right People
3. Reading People
4. Connecting with People
5. Influencing People
6. Changing People's Minds
7. Teaching People
8. Leading People
9. Resolving Conflict With People
10. Inspiring People
11. Keeping People Happy

This book is written with business people in mind and business type situations.  While it is written with this perspective, there is definitely good info in their for everyone.   I really enjoyed reading this book and found it inspiring.

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my review. This review is entirely my own.

Comments