Review of "The Life Giving Home" by Sally and Sarah Clarkson

Wow! Wow! Wow!  This book, I think is very safe to say, is the most amazing book I've ever read (aside from the Bible of course).  Talk about rivers in the desert for me, this book was absolutely full of inspirations, ideas, thoughts, encouragements.  This book is a treasure trove of all I've been wanting to know and yearning for, but didn't think possible on this earth! I'm serious. I can not rave highly enough about this book.

The authors writing style is very easy to read, warm and sincere.  I took an entire journal plus, of notes!  And I continue to read and be inspired and try to put things into practice.  This is how home is meant to be; everything resounded with me. I am just so excited to find it.  It has transformed my view as a homemaker, wife, mother 100%.

Sally has an incredible gift, not just of communicating this, but of creating 'home'.  This book outlines their vision for their home, welcoming others, prioritizing beauty in your home, making your home a sanctuary, having fun, and just making the most of every moment.  She outlines having a home culture,  importance of words, living with intention, creating atmospheres.

I really love how they focus on celebrating life.  Having family traditions and things you always do on New Years Eve, or for birthday's etc.  Hallmarking life and creating things to look forward to and enjoy together as family.

I could go on and on about this book.  If there is one book you read this year - let it be this one!  You won't be disappointed!

Comments