Review of 'Daily Readings From The Christian In Complete Armour' by William Gurnall



I have to admit one of the things that attracted me to this book is the endorsements from John Newton and Charles Spurgeon. Any book they recommend definitely will catch my attention.  This book is a version of the original written in the 1960s which is regarded as one of the best Christian books every composed in the English language.  Now that is intriguing.

This book is a compilation of that book into 365 readings starting at January 1 through the year ending on December 31.  Each reading is just one page of fairly consistent length.  I checked to see if they allowed for a leap year but no, no Feb 29th in there! Not that that is a problem - I was just interested!

This book is not afraid to speak Biblical truth, about the realities of our battle with the enemy that is constant, about a life of holiness, and being faithful to God.  I find this book really, really valuable and important in living daily life.  I appreciate the challenges and reminders of who God is.  I would definitely recommend this devotional!

Please note that I was sent a copy of this devotional in exchange for my review, however the opinions expressed are my own.

Comments