Review of "The Beginner’s Bible’ 2016 Ed by Zondervan


I’ve seen this book around for years - or previous versions so I was thrilled to get the opportunity to review this one since it’s pretty close to the right time for my 3 year old.  The ages on the back say 4-8, which I would say is spot on.

It is exactly what I was looking for, for my son.  It is separated into Old Testament and New Testament and goes through them with stories in the same order as the Bible.   The font is large, the text is simple for little ones to understand. I’m sure 8 year olds could read it.  The pictures are bright and cartoonish 3D style. While it’s not my favorite style, this is the style I have always seen with this Bible in the past - it obviously works for this age group or they would have changed it more with this new edition.  I believe the pictures are updated from the older versions but are still similar.

I like this because it really is a Bible and introduces little ones to the format of the Bible, and
also many of the stories and concepts that they can understand from the Bible.  It’s a beautiful little hardcover book that I’m sure any little one will treasure.

I would definitely recommend this Bible after seeing it firsthand and reading through it.  A great way to introduce your child to the Bible and start a love for God’s word from young.


Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review, however my review is entirely my own.



Comments