Review of 'The Beginner's Bible' Holy Bible NIRV version

 This is a nice hardcover Bible, measuring  9inches by 5.5 inches by 2 inches - standard type Bible size I would say. The spine design matches the cover focussing on Jesus holding the Boy.  On opening it there is a blank page and then a presentation page with a similar image to the cover but this one Jesus is sitting with children around him and on his knee.  On the other side it has a part for the child to write in themselves and says "My name is ___'  'I am ___ years old'  and 'I received this book for _____'

Following that it has the usual contents, Books of the Bible in alphabetical order, a section titled 'Getting To Know Jesus' and info about this version. Then it gets right to The Old Testament.  Each book of the Bible starts with  an Introduction section and an Outline of Contents.

There are approximately 10 pages of double sided pictures
throughout this Bible - the rest is just pages of text.  The text is a larger type for beginning readers. At the end is a dictionary and then a section titled '150 Famous Bible Studies, where they are found in the Bible with check boxes next to them.

If I am completely honest, I am not a fan of this cartoon style illustration throughout, so this wouldn't be my first choice for a beginner bible purely on that fact.  However on a positive note, it is very bright and no doubt, appealing to children.

I would think this Bible would be good for seven years upwards - maybe advanced 6 year olds but I think it's safe to say seven.

Please note that I received a copy of this book in exchange for my review, however this review is entirely my own.



Comments