Review of "Cherish" by Gary Thomas

This book is a true gem.  I haven't read any of Gary Thomas's other books - this is my first and I must say I LOVED every bit of it.  It is written well and very easy to read and engage in.  There are great examples to illustrate his points throughout.  Plus I love the cover design too - really classy!

I've read a lot of books through the years on marriage and relationships and must say that this one definitely is a stand out.  It is a timely reminder that all of us in a relationship are responsible to cherish, to honor, to bless, to showcase the great things about our spouse.  It is not acceptable, nor is it pleasing to God to allow contempt in your marriage and you must make a choice against it.  

We are to view our spouse like they are the only man/woman on earth that we delight in.  No comparisons with others as that will ruin your marriage.

This book is not only great information, and very inspiring, but it is also very practical in application and easy to put to practice straight away.  A good reminder that a spouse is generally the only person who can truly make their partner feel cherished - that it is a choice AND something that God requires of us.  We need to prioritize each other.

There is so much more I could say about this book - it really is an amazing book.  I can't recommend it highly enough.  Add new life into your marriage today and get this book!

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my review, however opinions posted are entirely my own.

Comments