Review of 'The Jesus Storybook Bible' by Sally Lloyd-Jones Illustrated by Jago 'Special Edition'

 I love how this Bible is laid out. Perfect for children, it is an excellent paraphrase in language children can understand and read.  The Bible starts out titled 'The Story and the Song' as an introduction from Psalm 19 and Hebrews 1. It discusses what the Bible is and why it is special. It then goes into creation in the next section.  I love how it is written "'Hello birds!' God said. And with a fluttering and flapping and chirping and singing, birds filled the skies." So fun and expressive.

I was impressed how it ends also.  The last section is titled 'A dream of heaven' taken from various chapters of Revelation and has simplified the vision of heaven for children.  I remember as a child loving to hear about the streets of gold and what heaven is like. I think it's neat that she's picked out that part to end it.  The book actually ends saying 'to be continued...'  which is really fun too.

This is a beautiful edition of The Jesus Storybook Bible.  The illustrations are unique in a simple line and color styling - they are bright and almost comic/cartoon like.  I love the creativity of the layout of the pages too - some pages even go sideways.  I would definitely recommend this book! It would make a wonderful gift also.





Please note that I received a copy of this book for purposes of review, however all opinions expressed are entirely my own.

Comments