Review of 'Wow! The Good News In Four Words' by Dandi Daley Mackall, illustrated by Annabel Tempest

This is another great work by Dandi!  I have reviewed many of her books in the past and am really impressed with her consistency in producing great books.  This book is the salvation story told in rhyme.  I am happy to say that the rhyme patterns are all perfect and work really well throughout this story - there are no stretches or words that feel they were chosen more for the rhyme than the meaning.  She really pulled it off well.

I am excited about this story as anything that communicates the gospel, the truth of what Jesus has done for us is a treasure.  This book is brightly illustrated and presented in an appealing way for children to read and comprehend the message.  The pictures help them relate the message to themselves.

The four words referred to in the title of the book are: Wow!  Uh-oh! Yes!  Ahh.  They are used without the story appropriately to capture the feel of each moment as the story is told. Very cute idea.

I definitely recommend this book for all families!  It is a keeper!

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my review, however all opinions are entirely my own.

You can purchase this book here

Comments