Review of 'Manga Art Inspiration and Techniques from an Expert Illustrator' by Mark Crilley

As a current art student, I have never really gone into the world of 'manga'.  On checking out this book before selecting it, I was so drawn to the beautiful images that Mark draws I immediately knew I had to read this book.  His style is a style I really really like!

This book is a delight to read.  For any of you that appreciate good art, you will love it.  He has created many manga drawings and talks about each one and the importance of certain features of it and how he got to that place.  I really enjoyed the explanations and felt for someone, like myself, not really into that world - he introduced it well.

Mark has truly done with this book what he set out to do.  I found it inspiring and enjoyed learning about the techniques he employed throughout. I would definitely recommend this for anyone who loves art - not just those into manga specifically.  Manga will likely find more followers as a result of this book.

I would definitely recommend this book and am happy to discover the art of Mark Crilley through it.  Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review, however opinions expressed are entirely my own.

You can purchase this book here.





Comments