Review of 'How We Love' by Milan & Kay Yerkovich

This book had so many good reviews from past editions that I just had to check this out and see what made this so good.  This is a new expanded edition stating that more than 100,000 copies have been sold.

The book is divided into four parts:
1. What Determines How You Love
2. Styles That Impair How We Love
3. Duets That Damage How We Love
4. Changing How We Love

One part that I really took with me from this book was learning about how we love is greatly influenced by the family that we grew up in.  Different families operate in such different ways and show love in different ways.  When entering marriage we carry these same expectations into the marriage without realizing it.  They were formed by a combination of specific personalities in our upbringing and as soon as we marry and move on - it starts a new combination of personalities.  I think this book is really valuable for this information.  It seeks to create styles that people generally are meant to fit in.  I didn't feel I really fit into any of them that well but still could
glean things to help.

In Part three they talk about the different combinations - so if you can relate to one style and your spouse can relate to one - it discusses what happens with the various combinations of styles.

In summary I have to agree with the many reviews before me on this book. This book definitely has value in adding to your marriage and helping you get past things you get stuck on, patterns of negative behavior etc.  Milan and Kay certainly have a wealth of experience they have drawn from in coming up with this.  I would recommend it.

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my review, however all opinions expressed are entirely my own.

You can purchase the book here.





Comments