Review of 'Live Lagom - Balanced living, the Swedish Way' by Anna Brones

 Beautifully presented hardcover book.  I love the size of it a 7.5 x 6 inches - just perfect for the content topic also.  And the design on the cover, and throughout, is lovely - very Swedish and contemporary.

Anna starts off introducing what Lagom means - which is really meaning 'moderation' or 'just right' in our culture.  I recall she mentioned at the beginning that someone asked her how she could write a whole book on it...  and to be honest, I feel the same after reading this.  The idea of lagom can  be explained in a sentence, so everything else is just elaborating.  For example, how to live a balanced life at work, home etc but even there is nothing new there.  While I love the presentation this book really didn't offer me anything much.  It reminded me the importance of moderation in life and not giving up to excess but I just wish there was more to it somehow. More inspirational type stuff even, rather than someone just suggesting you get outside, and in touch with nature more, or manage your stress better or choose quality over quantity.

I must add that she has included a few Swedish recipes that I am looking forward to trying - if they turn out good - that alone, may be the redeeming part of this book for me, aside from the fact it looks pretty.

Should you buy it or not?  Well it is a light, very familiar, read down the path of living in moderation. The design and pictures are beautiful, so if you are not expecting too much then yes, get it.  The sentiment is good.

You can purchase this book here.

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review, however all opinions expressed are entirely my own.


Comments