Review of 'Where the Fire Falls' by Karen Barnett

I am hesitant, as mentioned before, about trying out fiction stories without knowing the author etc.  I took a chance on this one, after having the opportunity to read the first page, and am happy to say I really enjoyed this story!  I got so caught up in it that I could barely stop reading.  The times when I had to put the book down to do other things, I found myself thinking about the characters and the plot lines. For me that indicates a good story!

Being a watercolor painter myself, I appreciated that this was the protagonist's occupation.  It is set in the early 1900s, just to keep that in mind, it's mostly noted through the dress style and social type stuff.  I won't say too much on the plot as you can read on the back for that, and I don't want to give too much more away.

The copy I received was only an 'uncorrected proof', and I did notice about three tiny errors in the type.  The final version, I know will be perfect!  It's a great book for escapism with romance and adventure.  Nothing too deep, but the plot kept me interested all the way through. I would recommend this book!

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review, however all opinions expressed are entirely my own.

You can purchase this book here.

Comments