Review of 'A Contrarians Guide To Knowing God' by Larry Osborne


I have to be quite honest here,  this book was my only option to review from one of the sites I review for, which is closing down.  It was the last book available, so I grabbed it.  The title didn't grab me, neither did my perception of the content or the design.  I've even been putting off reading it through, till the last minute... thinking it was going to be boring.  But no...  I was SO WRONG!  This book is AMAZING and a real timely read for me.  It had me from the first paragraph in the preface.

This is one of the best books I've read for a while.  It is easy to read, relevant, interesting and I found it SO relatable to my life in so many ways and my own perceptions.  This book is like one of those gems that literally fell from the sky in an unexpected package. Not that there is anything wrong with the cover design - I just assumed it was deep theological stuff and not something I'd be interested in.  It's like everything falls in line with things I've already been thinking about lately... like a good friend talking with me about the very issues and ponderings in my heart.

Larry has divided this book into three parts:
1. Genuine Spirituality
2. How Does Spiritual Growth Happen
3. What Does God want

This book is an updated version of a previous version of the same.  This edition features an updated
introduction plus two brand new chapters.

I am really glad this book crossed my path to read as I got a lot out of it, I needed it at just this time. Goes to show you really can't judge a book by its cover...or by it's title even.  You just have to pick it up and start it...

I would definitely recommend this book!

You can purchase it here!

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review, however all views expressed are entirely my own.




Comments