Review of 'Warfare - Winning The Spiritual Battle' by Tony Evans

Excellent book, jam packed with really solid Bible based info on warfare, what it is and further details into it.  It is really well organized, well written and therefore easy to read and understand.  I would say this is an important book for all Christians to read and continue to learn about as they walk this life.  In particular I appreciate Tony's style - he doesn't beat around the bush, the whole book is to the point - no fillers at all.

He starts by introducing the origin of our battle and moves through each element of warfare such as knowing your enemy, your authority, your allies, your armor etc.

I have read a lot of books on warfare, but this one stands out because it is really presented in a way that is so easy to follow. For those new to this topic, it is an excellent introduction.  And even though I have read a lot of books on this topic before, I still got quite a bit of 'new' and fresh information.  In particular I thought the parts about order of authority in God's kingdom very pertinent. I also appreciated the reminder that we are in a battle, as often we get our minds on what we can see, and forget their is a root cause of everything as the devil is constantly on the prowl.  We do not fight flesh and blood.

This is a great book.  I recommend it to both people new to the topic and those who have read many before - there is something for everyone in there, if not just a refresher course on something so vital to our lives!

You can purchase this book here.

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review, however all opinions expressed are entirely my own.




Comments