Review of 'Thank you, God, for Grandma' by Amy Parker

This is a cute boardbook with a soft padded cover.  The illustrations throughout are really sweet and colorful.  It does also say thank you for 'nana's, mimis, gigs, grams and grand mommies' too in there to incorporate other names for grandmothers.  I wished they had included 'mom-mom' too but maybe that isn't as common? Not sure.

This is another rhyming children's book.  The rhymes are just ok for me.  They work but to me, in parts, it ruins the flow a bit.  Each spread of two pages has a stanza of the poem rhyme talking about why Grandma is special.  Here is a breakdown of each spread about her: That she cares, her house if full of treasures, dressing up in her clothes, playing hide and seek, baking, gives
treats, caring for others, her songs and then thanking God for her.

It is a sweet book to highlight the value of Grandma's and adding in how she's a blessing from God.  I would recommend it, if you are looking for something like this. This one is a sweet book.

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review, however the opinions expressed are entirely my own.



Comments