Review of the 'NIV Kids Visual Study Bible' by Zonderkidz (Hardcover)

This Bible is very well put together, in terms of visual aids and additional information that is relevant to children.  The cover is attractive and interesting, as is the internal page design.   There is a yellow margin down the edge of each page which contains comments on scriptures and additional information. I found the extra study information so interesting and things I'd not heard before. It's all in color also which brings it all alive.

In terms of layout this Bible starts with a presentation page, table of contents and alphabetical listing of Books of the Bible.  It has maps at the end and a graphics and maps index. It does have a ribbon to mark where you are up to also.

I really like this Bible.  I think the thing I particularly like is the use of color throughout, which sets it aside from others. The font size is fairly small but it is clear - the design is good to ensure good use of space with all that is included on each page.  The addition of photographs to illustrate things is also
great - for example in 1 Chronicles 29:7 on page 644 it shows a photo of a daric - persian coin that was referred to in the verse.

Definitely a must buy! I highly recommend this Bible for kids. (It's also interesting for adults too!)

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my review however all opinions expressed are entirely my own.

You can purchase the book here











Comments