Review of 'Psalms for Little Hearts' by Dandi Daley Mackall

First of all I must say that the cover design on this is just darling!  The illustrations, by Cee Biscoe really capture something so sweet and add a lot to this sweet book.

It is a hardcover and good size for small hands, you open up to a presentation page first of all. Cover page and contents follow and then an introduction by Dandi.

What she has done is taken Psalms and made them easy to read and relevant to children.  For example the book starts with Psalm 4, which Dandi has titled 'God Smiles At Me' - A Psalm for when you need comfort.  The next one is Psalm 8 'God's beautiful world - a psalm of praise'.  Several of the psalms chosen were ones with repetitive phrases - which are perfect for young children who enjoy repetition.  The lines she has simplified for them are great for repetition too as they speak truth over and over into young hearts.

I have read this to my five year old and he liked it. It is a different format from typical stories that I read to him, so it was different.  Yet I love that it is scripture for young hearts. As a long time fan of Dandi's work, I have to say, this new book does not disappoint.  It's just lovely and would make a great gift and addition to any child's repertoire of night time books, or anytime.

You can purchase this book here.

Please note that I was sent a copy of this book for purposes of review, however all opinions expressed are my own.





Comments